New Music Room Hits a High Note

By Kevin Galasso, Assistant Reporter

The new music room is completed and it is a marvel.

New students who had the opportunity to step into the new music room on the day of Falcon Blast, were in awe of its spaciousness.  In addition to being much larger than the previous room (the one they saw during Open House), the new room has a bunch of additional areas such as: four practice rooms, one music classroom (where music theory is taught), and an entire area full of instrument lockers.

Students at Xavier have come to really enjoy the new music room. Students in the music program are enthralled by the new room. Freshman Cole Paiva had this to say about his favorite aspect of the new room.

“I enjoy the fact that we have lockers so our instruments can be protected instead of putting them all in a pile if we had the old music room”

When asked what they enjoyed about the new room, Mr. Dresko responded with:“I enjoy that we have the proper space for the size of the music program that exists here.”

Mr. Elligers said: “I enjoy that with the bigger space students can come and practice before school, after school, and cannot be bothered by other students who want to practice.”

When asked if there were any negatives to the new room they both had nothing negative to report.

For anyone who is interested, there will be a couple of events at the end of the month. On October 30, there will be the dedication of the new wing where the band will be playing. Also on October 30, there will be a coffeehouse event that will include poetry, songs, and a showing of Ghostbusters.