The student news site of Xavier High School

Kestrel

The Reventant – Was it good?

How was it?

By Jonathan Farrell, Senior Reporter

The Revenant was directed by Alejandro G. Iñárritu, and stars Leonardo DiCaprio and Tom Hardy. As of February 2016, The Revenant has grossed a total of 326 million dollars. It has been nominated for 12 Academy Awards.

So does the Revenant live up to this following it has created? Yes, it does. The movie is beautiful. Every shot makes you feel as if you are right there in the wilderness, fighting to survive. Some shots that this movie has make you wonder how they were actually recorded. The entire movie takes place outdoors, there are no green screens, only green trees.

When the Revenant is not being described as beautiful, brutal is the adjective of choice. The movie has many scenes that made the whole audience in the theater cringe.

The acting in the movie is superb. Leonardo DiCaprio has done some of his best work in this movie. His role is not one of words, but of actions. He barely speaks the entire movie. Instead, he portrays his emotions and feelings through facial expressions and physical actions. Tom Hardy is also great in this movie, which is shown or his nomination for best supporting actor.

The Revenant is a brutal but beautiful movie. If you have not already seen it, we here at the Kestrel highly recommend it. However, if you are a little squeamish about blood and gore, I would warn against seeing this movie.

1 Comment

One Response to “The Reventant – Was it good?”

1. Evan Rigsby on February 15th, 2016 12:57 pm

Very nice article, enjoyed reading it!

[Reply]

If you want a picture to show with your comment, go get a gravatar.

*

The Reventant – Was it good?